LG has officially released their eco friendly smartphone at an affordable price, called LG Rumor Reflex. Comes with candybar form factor with a slide-out keyboard design in a Titan Grey color, has CarbonFree certified and UL Environment Platinum Certification plus featuring fully recyclable packaging, LG Rumor Reflex will be available on Sprint on March 11, 2012 and will be available to on Boost Mobile on March 29.
LG Rumor Reflex is the fifth eco friendly’s smartphone from Sprint and second models from Boost Mobile that boasts eco-friendly attributes. Like other affordable phone, it not boasts impressive hardware configurations. The Rumor Reflex phone only sporting 3-inch WQVGA TFT touchscreen display with 240 x 400 pixel resolutions, a 2-megapixel rear facing camera on the back for capture photos and video recording plus support 3G data capabilities.
According the press release, it also comes with 1GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 32GB through microSD card slot, built in GPS for navigations and ful access to Sprint SErvice, such as Mobile email, Sprint Music Plus, Sprint TV & Movies and more. “Sprint believes it is important to keep evolving our handset portfolio with not only iconic devices but also with quick-messaging phones for customers looking for easy communications,” said David Owens, vice president – Product Development, Sprint.
In term of size, it measures in 4.2 x 2.1 x 0.6 inch with weighs at 4.7 oz, so it easily to slip into your back pocket. If you intereset and decide to purchase the device, LG Rumor Reflex has price tag at $79.99 (excluding taxes) at Boost Mobile’s stores without contract and compatible with Boost Mobile’s $50 Monthly Unlimited plan or you can purchase at Sprint Nextel for cost at $29.99 with a new two-year contract and after $50 mail-in rebate. You can chech more features below.
LG Rumor Reflex Features
– The phone’s outer cover is constructed from 31 percent post-consumer recycled materials by weight as defined by ULE
– The battery charger qualifies for the most energy efficient 5-star rating for extremely low power draw while still plugged in after your phone is fully charged
– The device has eliminated the use of many environmentally sensitive materials, including polyvinyl chloride (PVC), brominated flame retardants (BFR), halogen, beryllium, phthalates, and nickel.
– CarbonFree certified to offset the carbon footprint of the phone’s full lifecycle.
– The device comes in fully recyclable packaging that is printed with soy inks, contains up to 87% post-consumer paper, and was engineered with a glueless construction.
– The packaging includes a postage-paid envelop to recycle your old phone and promotes a virtual user.