Seals Technologies, UK company has announced a rugged mobile phone that called Seals VR7. Seals VR7 mobile phone designed to survive some harsh climates with all weather protection and 24 hours life protection.
The Seals VR7 is boasts a 2-inch TFT display with QVGA resolution (240 x 320 pixels), 1GB+512MB storage spaces, up to 8GB TF memory card, a 2MP camera which is capable to take photos under the water, speaker with extra loud for noisy environments, and 1750mAh battery provide offers up to 12 hours of talk and 1500 hours of standby.
The VR7 rugged phone has IP-67 rated GSM mobile phone and MIL-STD-810G certified. The Seals Technologies claims that the phone is impervious to dust, dirt, shocks, drops and completely waterproof to a depth of one meter for up to 30 minutes and up 400KGS withstand extreme pressure. The device also has life guard functions with optical signal for help, so you can send your latitude, longitude and SOS message for rescuing.
The Seals VR7 rugged mobile phone also packs with electronic compass, flashlight, FM tuner, USB 2.0 port, Bluetooth 2.0, Wi-Fi and supports GSM:900/1800/1900 Networks as well EDGE/GPRS. The Seals VR7 phone is available in two color, black and yellow and measures 123.5×57.5×25.4mm, weights 166.
* Dust-proof level: Grade 6, refusal of any dust outside.
* Water-proof level: Grade 7, submersible to 1M for 30 minutes in water
* Powerful communication and rugged technology with more cost-effective solution techniques to lead the special industry custom made trend.
* Protection of outdoor life without worries, Withstands 2m drops on concrete, Working environments: ranging from -20°C to +55°C
* Based on GPS, GIS map application, group management and information feedback, project management, group chat, path generation management, enriching your outdoor life.
* Extra-Loud speakers for use in extremely noisy environments
* Optical signal for help (latitude, longitude and SOS message will be sent for rescuing)
* Conference call, one to five (Based on network carrier)