Sprint has launch details none of the CDMA versions of the Samsung Galaxy S variants like the Captivate and Vibrant, Samsung Epic 4G. “With its beautiful display and slide-out keyboard, Epic 4G is a powerful tool for our customers, and it extends Sprint’s 4G leadership with a second strong smartphone option,” said Sprint CEO Dan Hesse.
The Epic 4G comes equipped with the same specs as the already available Samsung Galaxy S, except that Sprint Epic 4G will feature a slide-out QWERTY keyboard and has support for Sprint’s 4G network speeds via WiMAX for faster downloads and video chat. Like EVO 4G handset also has features that WiMAX could change as a function of the router is to share an Internet connection via Wi-Fi signals to other Wi-Fi devices. Also impressive is the speaker. Cranked up all the way, you could hear the YouTube video from outside the conference room where Sprint’s Mark Elliott demoed the device.
Samsung Epic 4G features a Samsung 1 GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Processor, a 4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 512MB of RAM, Android 2.1 OS, and a 5 megapixel camera with an LED flash and the ability to record HD video in 720p. There is also a front facing VGA camera for video calls. it is Super AMOLED display has a higher contrast, wider viewing angles, faster response time, and lets it create a thinner phone than a traditional LCD does.
The Epic 4G slide-out QWERTY keyboard is a chiclet-style. Chiclet keys resemble the chewing gum of the same name, and are flat with straight edges, resulting in small spaces between the keys. The 4G smartphone is also equipped with a digital compass and the most important is the social network application so that consumers can touch smartphone adolescents.
This Samsung Epic Sprint 4G also comes with Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1, 1 GB ROM, 512 MB RAM, Rev. A 3G, 4G, 1500 mAh battery, GPS, a digital compass, a six-axis motion sensor, 3.5 mm headphone jack, and micro-SD card slot (takes up to 32 GB cards). the Samsung Epic 4G will arrive August 31st for $249.99 on contract (after $150 instant rebate and $100 mail-in rebate). Monthly plans, which include voice, texting, and data along with a required $10 per month “Premium Data” surcharge, start at $80 per month. Using the mobile hotspot feature will cost you another $30 per month.
Specification Samsung Epic Sprint 4G :
* OS: Android OS, v2.1 (Eclair)
* Processor: ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor
* Network: 2G CDMA 800 / 1900, 3G CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
* Size / Model: 124 x 65 x 14 mm, 155 g / Touchscreen+QWERTY slider
* Screen: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches, QWERTY keyboard, TouchWiz 3.0 UI, Multi-touch input method, Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate, Touch-sensitive controls, Proximity sensor for auto turn-off, Swype text input
* Camera: 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, video capture 720p@30fps
* Secondary camera : VGA
* Connection: 3G Rev. A, up to 3.1 Mbps, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n; WiMAX, Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, microUSB 2.0
* Memory: internal 512 MB RAM; 512 MB ROM, external microSD up to 32GB
* Application: SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS, Games
* Browser: HTML, JAVA Via third party application
* Color Options: Black
* Battery: Li-Ion 1500 mAh