T-Mobile USA has announced Newest Device with MOTOBLUR, called Motorola CHARM. Motorola CHARM is a touch screen smartphone with Android 2.1, a compact design, MOTOBLUR enhancements and a BACKTRACK feature that makes screen navigation even more intuitive.
This is the first Android smartphone to sport a dedicated QWERTY keyboard in a candybar form-factor. Motorola CHARM provides users all the features of a smartphone with the intuitive navigation of a 2.8 inch touch screen – all in a compact, pocketable design that makes messaging a snap using the combination of a full QWERTY keyboard and touch screen. Motorola also includes two batteries, you can basically charge up both batteries and make it through two days of usage. This is essential for these types of phones that tend to die within 5 hours due to heavy web surfing, emailing, and Social Media apps.
As its name suggests, the Motorola Charm will definitely charm you with its exciting features, easy handling and great specs combine in one greatmobile phone. The construction is solid and actually feels like it’s made pretty well, which is always a question for a Motorola phone. The Motorola charm weighs about 4 ounces and feels light in your hand and can easily slip into a pocket or purse.
One unique design feature of the Charm is the ‘BACKTRACK,’ a navigation pad that is located on the back of the phone that lets you scroll through your phone without touching the screen. Charm will also play nicely with Flash, and it’ll come pre-loaded with the usual suite of Google (Google) apps, Touch sensitive controls, Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate, Proximity sensor for auto turn-off, Multi-touch input method and MOTOBLUR UI v1.5 with Live Widgets.
The Motorola CHARM also comes with an integrated music player which supports many popular music formats, plus the user can download, transfer & playback music for entertainment on the move. The Charm smartphone also comes with the following apps – the Amazon MP3 store, Last.Fm, TuneWiki, YouTube, as well as an FM and Internet Radio app. Its radio feature supports a FM tuner & a radio data system which provides onscreen data which is relevant to the radio station being listened to. The Motorola CHARM is free with a family plan contract or $79.99 with a single contract.
Specifications on Motorola Charm
* WCDMA 1700/2100, GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSDPA 3.6 Mbps (Category 5/6), EDGE Class 12, GPRS Class 12
* Android 2.1 with Motoblur and Flash Lite browsing
* 3 Megapixel fixed focus camera with digital zoom
* Video playback and capture at 24 fps (supported playback codecs: AAC, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WMA9, ACC+ Enhanced, WMV v9, AMR NB, AAC+)
* 1170 mAh battery (WDCMA standby 334 hours, GSM standby 267 hours)
* Support for Exchange, Gmail, IMAP, and POP3 email
* Bluetooth 2.0 + ERD (A2DP, AVRCP, BPP, HID, HSP, OPP, PAN)
* Wi-Fi (b/g/n)
* 2GB micro-SD card included (support for up to a 32 GB card)
* 2.8? TFT touchscreen display with Gorilla Glass (says it includes “pinch-to-zoom” but does not specify multitouch)
* Accelerometer, proximity and ambient light sensors
* Size: 67.2 x 98.4 x 11.4 mm
* Weight: 110 grams
Features on Motorola CHARM
* Adobe Flash enabled Web browsing.
* Full suite of Google services including: Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail and access to thousands of apps on Android Market™
* Pinch to zoom functionality and two-finger swipe to easily surf the Web and sort through photos.
* Capture sharp photos with a 3MP camera and KODAK PERFECT TOUCH technology for better, brighter pictures.
* One-touch social media uploads to Facebook®, MySpace, Picasa and PhotoBucket.
* CrystalTalkPLUS for enhanced audio and call quality with a second microphone for increased voice quality while filtering out background noise.