The Nokia 5230 Nuron has been officially announced, and will be available in the United States on T-Mobile’s 3G network. The Nuron will be one of the first smartphones with completely free mapping technology that lets users find directions, pinpoint their location and explore new restaurants, landmarks, concerts and more with guides from Lonely Planet.
The smartphone is also the first pre-loaded with Ovi Maps, a free turn-by-turn navigation solution from Nokia, and the first to have the Ovi Store pre-loaded, giving consumers access to thousands of compelling applications and games.
The Nokia 5320 Nuron is a stylish handset that features a touch-sensitive widescreen display, and offers easy access to your media library and favorite social networking sites. The device offers key features that include a touchscreen candybar with accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate, GPS functions, 2MP camera and video capture.
The phone feels very good in the hand, and with dimensions of 111.5mm x 52mm x 15.5mm and a weight of only 115gr , it feels equally good in a pants pocket or handbag. The 5230 Nuron has a large touchscreen display, it offers exactly one quarter of 720p HD resolution. The screen is bright and colorful, and requires very little pressure at all to activate. a cool white and silver body, and a user interface.
The Nokia 5230 Nuron will start at $69.99 with a two year T-Mobile contract.
* 3.2-inch touchscreen display (640 x 360 nHD resolution)
* Up to 16.7 million colors
* WCDMA 1700-2100/2100 bands
* GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
* microSD memory card slot; supports up to 16 GB
* 70 MB internal memory
* On-screen keyboard
* Bluetooth 2.0
* Micro-USB connector
* USB 2.0 high speed port
* 3.5 mm Nokia AV connector
* 2-megapixel built-in video camera with 3x digital zoom (records at 640 x 480 pixels and up to 30 fps)
* Supports IMAP, POP, SMTP e-mail protocols
* MP3 player and FM radio
* 3.5 mm stereo headphone plug