Verizon Wireless and Motorola has announced an Android smartphone with compact design named the Motorola Citrus. the Motorola Citrus was formally known as the Motorola Ciena, designed for CDMA EV-DO Rev. 0 network and run Android 2.1 OS and Blur Skin.
Motorola Citrus boasts 3-inch capacitive touchscreen display with resolution of 320 x 240 pixels (QVGA), 3MP camera with no flash and auto-focus, 100MB of internal memory, microSD memory card slot (a 2GB card included), and powered by 528MHz processor, 512MB ROM and 256MB RAM.
Citrus Android phone is made from 25 percent post-consumer recycled plasticis and it is designed specifically for new smartphone users. The packaging is made from 80 percent post-consumer recycled paper, and the user manual is made using 100 percent recycled paper and soy-based ink.
Motorola Citrus also has BACKTRACK feature that allowing users to navigate device, menus, home screens, scroll through websites, e-mails, music, and more without obstructing the display (located at rear of device) and and loses Google Search in favour of the Bing Search engine.
The device also packs with GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, 3.5 mm audio jack, an 1150mAh battery and runs on Android 2.1 with MOTOBLUR, which is providing quick access to social network sites and e-mail. Dimensions of Motorola Citrus are 59 x 104 x 15 mm and weight 110 g.
Verizon Motorola CITRUS smartphone combines multi-tasking with multi-touch capabilities so you can stay connected and browse the Web seamlessly. Verizon and Motorola say the Motorola Citrus will see launch in the fourth quarter of 2010, and pricing will be announced closer to the launch.
Key features and specifications:
- Curved design
- Easy-to-use, on-screen QWERTY keyboard (available in landscape and portrait modes) for quick messaging
- Full HTML Web browser – Preloaded with Bing Search and Bing Maps and delivers a PC-like Web browsing experience with quick access to Web apps and services such as Facebook®; Google services such as Gmail™, Google Talk™ and YouTube™
- Equipped with BACKTRACK™, a touch panel located on the back of the device that enables users to navigate and scroll through websites, home screens, e-mails, music and more without obstructing the display
- Full capacitive touch screen display delivers fluid flick, swipe and pinch-to-zoom navigation
- Seven home screen panels that can be tailored with an array of available shortcuts; applications; and pre-loaded widgets such as sticky notes, weather, messages and calendar
- Android Market™ – Choose from thousands of downloadable apps, many of which are free
- CITRUS has a housing made from 25 percent post-consumer recycled plastic, is certified CarbonFree® through an alliance with Carbonfund.org, and is PVC and BFR free. The packaging is made from 80 percent post-consumer recycled paper, and the user manual is made using 100 percent recycled paper and soy-based ink.