Sony Corp has unveiled a new thin and lightweight laptops based on AMD Fusion technology namely The Sony VAIO YB notebook. VAIO YB laptop is designed with the energy saving philosophy from AMD Fusion E series and solid hinge around the screen to deliver enough power to handle the basic tasks and also portable enough to handle to classes all day or for use by heavy travelers. Sony YB will be launch in next month with starting price at $550.
The Sony Vaio YB ultraportable notebook is powered by E-350 Zacate chip (that is a 1,66 GHZ dual-core APU with integrated DirectX 11 graphics), AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6310 graphics card, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 rpm HDD, full-size chiclet keyboard, running on Windows 7 Professional 64bit and a 3500mAh battery that provide 3 hours and 6 minutes of life.
The Vaio YB thin and lightweight notebook also offers a webcam, microphone, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, 802.11b/g/n WiFi, 3 USB ports, VGA port, HDMI port for outputting to HDTV and optional three-tone models with colorful lids, silver/gray bodies, and black bottoms. Sony Vaio YB laptop has measures at 11.42 inch x 7.99 inch x 0.99-1.25 inch with weigh just 3.2 pounds.
Sony VAIO YB Specifications
* 1.6-GHz AMD Dual-Core E-350 + AMD Radeon HD6310 graphics
* 4 GB RAM (expandable to 8GB)
* 500 GB 5400 rpm HDD
* Graphics AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6310
* 11.6-inch LED display with 1366 x 768 pixels
* Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
* USB, card-reaer, webcam, HDMI, VGA, Lan
* Size: 11.4 x 8 x 1 – 1.3 inches and weight: 3.2 pounds