The Dell Streak 5-inch tablet will launch first to customers in the United Kingdom in early June. Dell Mini Streak 5 comes with 5 MP autofocus camera with dual LED flash in that offers easy point & shoot capability and quick uploads to YouTube, Flickr, Facebook and more. The Dell Streak is a hybrid device that lives in the space between a smartphone and other larger tablets or netbooks that you might be using right now.
The Dell Streak 5 tablet has a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 5-inch 800 x 480 capacitive touchscreen, UMTS/HSPA modem with voice-call functionality, Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G connectivity, 2GB of storage (expandable to 32GB with a MicroSD card) and a 1300mAh battery. At launch, the Streak 5 will be running Android 1.6 (Donut), but it will receive an upgrade to the new Flash-capable Android 2.2 (Froyo) later this year. the Dell have previously positioned it as a “voice-enabled tablet” rather than an oversized smartphone. the Dell Mini 5-inch capacitive touchscreen also has a pretty big durability advantage over more fragile mobile devices. The Dell Streak is is thinner than a lot of mobile devices and though it’s just a bit heavier than other smartphones, it feels solid and balanced-which makes using it pretty natural across a number of activities.
The Streak 5 has 3 buttons at the bottom (or right when held in its normal landscape mode) are capacitive. The Android buttons used are Home, Menu, and Back. The Dell Mini Streak 5 brings together a great web browsing experience, multi-tasking capability, slick turn by turn navigation and a great way to enjoy your photos, movies and music into a sleek device that’s built for mobility. Dell’s tablet also offers support for voice and video calls, boast integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, and will come bundled with a number of social apps like Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
The Dell Streak 5 will launch in the U.K. in early June and the U.S. later this summer, but the company did not provide specific launch dates for either country’s launch. No pricing or U.S. carrier details were announced.
- Android platform complete with Android Market and Dell user interface enhancements
- ARM-based Processor: Qualcomm’s powerful and efficient Snapdragon chipset and software platform with integrated 1GHz processor
- 3G + WiFi + Bluetooth
- UMTS / GPRS / EDGE class 12 GSM radio with link speeds of up to HSDPA 7.2 Mbps / HSDPA
- 5 MP autofocus camera with dual LED flash. Easy point, shoot, and uploads to YouTube, Flickr, Facebook and more
- User accessible Micro SD expandable memory available up to 32 GB. Store up to 42 movies or 32,000 photos, or 16,000 songs with 32GB* Micro SD
- Integrated Google Maps™ with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views
- A full screen browsing experience with a 5-inch capacitive multi-touch WVGA display
- Easily integrated social media apps: Twitter™, Facebook, YouTube
- High resolution 5 MP camera, VGA front facing camera, removable battery, built-in Wi-Fi, 3G and Bluetooth connectivity options
- 2GB of internal dedicated storage provides plenty of space to access and download Google Android Market’s many options
- Packaged with cushions made from 100 percent sustainable, compostable bamboo