Flat Computing has launched low-cost Android based tablet, The new FlatPad A10 tablet. The FlatPad A10 from Flat Computing has been combined with Google’s Android OS 2.1 to provide a fast and diverse Flat computing experience. Flat Computing also promises that the device will be upgradeable to Android 2.2 Froyo “sometime” in August.
The FlatPad A10 tablet has a 1GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor, 256MB RAM, 10.2 inch resistive touchscreen display with a 1024 x 600 resolution, Wi-Fi, microSD card slot, and 2GB internal flash storage, The tablet also has a USB host port, a headphone jack, and stereo speakers and capable of running 1080p HD video playback and and a battery that is said to be able to provide up to 5 hours of run time with Wi-Fi turned on (or 7 hours with the Wi-Fi off).
The build quality also looks much improved, as the tablet seems to be more metallic than “plasticky.” In addition the tablet is noted as shipping with Google Maps, support for playing and watching a variety of audio and video formats and viewing Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF files.
If you’re interested then you actually get this FlatPad A10 tablet for the price $285 and available colors is black.
FlatPad A10 Specifications
* ARM Cortex-A8 Processor 1GHz+
* 2GB Flash Memory and 256MB RAM
* microSD memory card slot up to 32GB
* 10.2 inch resistive touchscreen display with a 1024 x 600 resolution
* WiFi support
* 1080p video playback support
* 1-USB 2.0 Host port and 1-USB 2.0 OTG port
* 2400 mAh battery (5-7 hours battery life)
* Built in stereo speakers 1Wx2
* Google Maps
* Android 2.1 operating System and upgradeable to Android 2.2 Froyo