Nokia N8 has recently been announced by Nokia. The Nokia N8 smartphone intuitively connects to the people, places and services that matter most. The N8 runs on the brand new Symbian 3 platform, which will automatically synchronize with your online social networks. With the Nokia N8 handset, people can create compelling content, connect to their favorite social networks and enjoy on-demand Web TV programs and Ovi Store software apps.
The Nokia N8 comes with A ridiculous 12 Megapixel camera (plus 720p video), with Carl Zeiss lens and Xenon lamp. Nokia claims that the camera sensor will be 30% larger than any camera sensor in a mobile phone before. With regards to connectivity it has, among other features, HDMI out with Dolby Digital Plus sound and 802.11n Wi-Fi, 16GB on-board storage expandable by microSD, HD-video plus HDMI-out for watching on the big screen, GPS navigation via OVI Maps (plus access to the OVI Store for applications) and of course, multi-touch and full multitasking. The N8 cellphone will be the first ever device to support UMTS bands used by both T-Mobile USA and AT&T Mobility, with its Pentaband 3.5G radio.
Nokia N8 powered with Symbian 3, the latest edition of the world’s most used smartphone software, which introduces several major advances, including support for gestures such as multi touch, flick scrolling and pinch-zoom. Symbian3 also raises the bar in performance by delivering greater memory management allowing more applications to run in parallel for a faster multi- tasking experience. Nokia N8 smartphone it will also contain a full QWERTY keyboard and 480*800 pixels screen, which is identical to the screen of the N900. This screen measures 2.5 inch and is multitouch.
The Nokia N8 has a free Voice-guided Navigation. This featured Absolutely free. Simply enter where you want to go and Ovi Maps with voice guidance will tell you how to get there, turn by turn. By car or on foot. The N8 cellphone support on-demand Web TV. You can Access your favourite TV channels like CNN and National Geographic and get them piped to your phone from the comfort of your bus seat. Available in select markets during the third quarter of 2010, the estimated retail price of the Nokia N8 is 469.50 Euros, or about $587.
- System: WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100 and GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- OS: Symbian^3
- Form Factor: Touch screen monoblock
- Dimensions: 113.5 x 59.12 x 12.9 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight: 135g
- Display: 3.5 inch widescreen (640 x 360 pixels) capacitive touch
- Battery: 1200mAh BL-4D
- Media Storage/Memory: 16GB mass memory + micro SD card slot, 135MB internal memory, support up to 32GB memory cards. RAM256 ROM512
- Video Playback: Video recording, Performance: encoding 25fps, decoding 30fps, File Formats: H.264, MPEG-4, VC-1, H.263, Real Video 10, ON2 VP6, Flash video
- Music Playback: FM radio, FM transmitter, MP3 player, Supported codecs: MP3,AAC,eAAC, eAAC+,WMA,AMR-WB, DRM support, DRM: OMA DRM 2.0
- Main Camera:
- Lens: Carl Zeiss optics
- Image capture: 12 megapixels
- Video capture: HD 720p
- Aperture: F2.8
- Focal length: 5.4
- Flash: Xenon flash
- HDMI adapter CA-157
- WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/n
- BT2.1 with support for stereo headsets
- Positioning with GPS, A-GPS, WLAN and Cell-ID
- Micro-USB 2.0 high speed for file transfers and charging
- USB On-the-Go
- Nokia AV connector 3.5 mm for audio input/output and TV out